Below you’ll find links to articles and news stories related to greenwashing and other environmental issues.
- California to investigate whether Exxon Mobil lied about climate-change risks
- More shoppers buying ‘natural’ food, yet most don’t know what it means
- Wet Wipe Manufacturer Agrees To Substantiate “Flushability” Advertising Claims under Settlement with FTC
Federal Trade Commission
- gDiaper Settlement Shows the Challenges of ‘Green’ Marketing
- Consumers Falling For False Food Marketing: New Research Ranks Top Leanwashing Words
- Are you getting what you pay for with “green” products?
KATU News Portland
- CBS Accused of ‘Greenwashing’
- Proposed Revised Green Guides, 16 CFR Part 260, Project No. P954501
- Consumers Want One Green Seal Environmental Leader
- Coke VP at COP16: Coke Climate Action Plans Advance Despite Politics Environmental Leader
- Uh-Oh, Is Your Company Listed on Anti-Greenwashing Sites?
- Federal News Roundup: Guides for Green Marketers, GHG Reporting Sustainable Business.com
- How to Spot Greenwashing Chicago Tribune
- H&M Introduces Its First Organic Skincare by Sarah Mahoney, MediaPost NEWS — Marketing Daily
- Dollars & Sense by Lisa Schmeiser, San Francisco Chronicle (sfgate.com)
- Green Diary Rescue Daily Kos
- FTC Charges Companies with ‘Bamboo-zling’ Consumers with False Product Claims FTC.gov
- Green’s Name in Vain Bohemian.com
- Too Green for Comfort Tehelka, India
- ‘Green’ Claims by Marketers Go Unchecked USA TODAY
- FTC Charges Three Companies with False Green Claims; Delays New Guides Environmental Leader
- Industry Ignored its Scientists on Climate by Andrew Revkin, The New York Times
- New Research: 18- to 34-Year-Olds Key to Green Economy
- USA Today’s Snapshots captured our research with partner Green Seal of what Americans think is most beneficial for the environment.
- Les achats verts américains résistent à la crise La Tribune, France
- What Marketers Say About Greenwashing May Help You Not Get Fooled by Shelby Wood, The Oregonian PDXgreen
- Green Products, Jobs Growing by Andrea Billups and Lauren Whetzel, The Washington Times
- What Should Portland Ad Agencies and PR Reps Do About Greenwashing? by Shelby Wood, The Oregonian PDXgreen
- Shell’s Green Ads Take New Tack The Wall Street Journal
- Green with Honesty by Karen Goldberg Goff, The Washington Times
- Consumers Won’t Be Fooled: Greenwashing Index Cleaning Up Advertising
- UK Ad Watchdog Says 94% of Green Ads Comply with Regulations Environmental Leader
- Some Products’ ‘Green’ Claims Misleading, False by Susan Salisbury, Palm Beach post
- Eco-Buyer Beware by Bryan Walsh, TIME Magazine
- Can Restaurant Chains Sell Las Vegans on Their New Eco-cred?
- Save the Planet, Lose the Guilt (Newsweek International, July 7)
- Avoid Being ‘Green-washed’ ABC-TV Seattle affiliate featuring Kevin Tuerff (June. 17, 2008)
- Texas Duo Patrols Ads for Abuse of Eco-claims (Washington Times)
- Does Being Ethical Pay?
- Companies’ ‘Green’ Claims Often Misleading: Experts
- Green Ads Draw Attention, but Raise Doubts
- Do People Care About Your ‘Green’ Message? Yes
- FTC Reviews Rules to Keep Advertisers True ‘Green’
- Consumers Can Check Integrity of Green Brands – KATU-TV (ABC) Portland
- Australia’s New Guidelines to Curb Green Lies
- Malaysia Palm Oil Ad Draws Scrutiny in WSJ
- U.S. News: A Way to Rate Green Claims
- Not All Businesses as Green as They Claim
- Ars Technica: Investigating Carbon Offsets: The Real Deal or Greenwashing?
- FTC Holds First Public Workshop on Green Advertising
- NY Times: FTC Asks If Carbon-Offset Money Is Well Spent
- Joel Makower: The Six Sins of Greenwashing
- How to Buy Green (and Not Get Fooled)